Saturday, November 6, 2021

New Wheels!!!!


North Carolina……..




On the BlueRidge Parkway - a favorite place



I arrived in NC mid June for a few weeks with my Dad, and sister and her family. Always my portal into and out the US, Terry and Ron put up with me while I make the adjustment from CR to US living.  I try to jam in as much Dad time as possible visiting him at his new assisted living quarters, and taking some pleasant wheelchair walks and drives through the countryside.








Find a Phone…Oh, it’s at the Dump!


My visit included spending a frustrating weekend setting up a new telephone to replace the one Dad lost. 


Using the “find my phone” app we tracked down Dad’s missing phone to the local transfer station, destined for an undisclosed landfill. This resulted in a long, tedious visit to the Verizon store to pick out and set up the new smart phone. Of course, forgotten passwords, and numerous attempts to either retrieve old ones or establish new ones turned the new phone installation into a full weekend process - as well the need to drink wine after completion of the process. It took two sisters and a 93 year old forgetful mind to battle through. 


Waste Management rings.....


Lots of walks with Dad




The "church" is coming along nicely


Always Car Issues….


The NC visit, was not complete without several old vehicle issues - the story of my life. The painful communal decision to sell my Dad’s car, since he’s not able to drive anymore, arrived. I spent a couple of days carefully detailing his sporty, but very dirty, 2007 VW Eos in preparation to sell. Unfortunately, we found no serious buyers, even after reducing the price, so it will be the temporary back up car for my nephew, for now. Meanwhile, my own elderly 2003 Excursion had developed tire cupping, resulting in a loud, scary, blub, blub sound while driving. Two tires and an alignment later ($$$$) the problem was resolved which gave me much peace of mind for my 800+ mile drive to NY the next week. 





New Wheels!!


PS: In  a bit of an impulse buy, July I traded in my 2007 Honda CRV for a three year old, low mileage  CRV. By far the newest vehicle in my “fleet,” it is a pleasure to not worry about breaking down. Also with satellite radio and lots of modern conveniences I’m quite pleased. All it takes is money!


No comments:

Post a Comment